Working holiday visa in Switzerland

Young travelers from the listed participating countries are able to participate in the Youth Mobility Program to work and travel in Switzerland for up to one year!



The application fees for this visa would be $0.


The minimum required monthly income for this visa is $0.


This visa allows you to stay in the country for a duration of 12 months.


To read more about and apply for this visa, click the icon above.

Interact with other people planning to move to Switzerland.

Join our community on Slack and talk to several other members planning their relocation!
Join the community

Additional details

This section will contain all sorts of other information. If you don't see something that you think should be mentioned, please reach out to me and I'll add it.

Participating countries

Switzerland has made Working Holiday visa agreements with the following 13 participating countries:

  • Argentina
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Chile
  • Japan
  • Monaco
  • New Zealand
  • Philippines
  • Russia
  • South Africa
  • Tunisia
  • Ukraine
  • USA

With this visa you can

This visa allows you to:

  • Live in Switzerland up to 18 months
  • Work for an employer for 18 months
  • Re-enter Switzerland during the visa period


  1. You are a citizen of one of the participating countries mentioned above.
  2. You are 18-35 years old (Australia: 20-30, New Zealand and Russia: 18-30).
  3. You have completed vocational training (apprenticeship, university of applied sciences, university; the agreement with Canada also admits undergraduates to work in Switzerland as part of their bachelor’s degree programme, the application must be accompanied by confirmation of enrolment at a college or a university).
  4. You work in the profession in which you have been trained.
  5. Access is possible for all professions, for professions that require diploma recognition, the corresponding permit must be enclosed.
  6. Your salary is based on the going rate for the region and sector, as for a job starter. Where a collective employment agreement (CEA) exists, the salary must be based on this. Otherwise, the salary must comply with cantonal wage guidelines and the recommendations of professional associations.
  7. Work permits are granted for a maximum of 18 months (several stays are possible as long as their overall duration does not exceed a total of 18 months).

How to apply

  1. Receive a trainee permit from a Swiss business
  2. Collect the required visa document. You can find the checklist here
  3. Fill out the visa application form
  4. Submit the visa application in your home country. You can find the addresses here

Loading comments...